Effective Systems, LLC - ePN Plugin (v1.4)
eProcessing Networks (Authorize.net SIM Emulator) provides a customizable, secure hosted payment form to make integration easy for nopCommerce merchants that do not have an SSL certificate.
If you are unable to obtain an SSL certificate or do not have the necessary resources to program and host your own payment form, the Server Integration Method (SIM) is your best option for integrating to the ePN payment gateway.
SIM uses scripting techniques to authenticate transactions with a unique transaction fingerprint. The ePN Payment Gateway handles all the steps in the secure transaction process - payment data collection, data submission and the response to the customer - while keeping ePN virtually transparent.
- Payment gateway hosted payment form employs 128-bit SSL data encryption.
- Digital fingerprints enhance security, providing multiple layers of authentication.
- Customize the look and feel of the payment gateway hosted payment form.
- No credit card information is entered on the nopCommerce site
Payment Gateway Standard Features
ePN understands the evolving needs of merchants — their payment gateway solutions are designed to help your business grow.
- Accept a Variety of Payments – All major credit cards, eCheck.Net (electronic checks from bank accounts), gift cards, and debits.
- Manage Transactions – A full-featured Merchant Interface enables merchants to monitor and control payments.
- Prevent Fraud – Identify suspicious transactions with value-added products and built-in fraud tools like AVS and CVV2.
- Risk Management – Sensitive data is stored in the ePN PCI-compliant data center, not on the merchant's web site.
Our Plugin Supported Features
We support the configuration of the following features via the admin configuration panel in nopCommerce:
- Transaction Mode Authorize – This transaction type is sent for authorization only. The authorization places the funds on hold with the customer’s bank, but until the transaction is captured, the funds transfer process does not take place. You can submit the transaction for capture manually in the nopCommerce admin panel, or the ePN Merchant Interface. This can be useful in situations where you need to make a sale, but won't be able to ship merchandise for several days; you can authorize the transaction to ensure the availability of funds, then, once you have shipped, you can capture the transaction to obtain the funds.
- Transaction Mode Authorize and Capture – This type of transaction is completely automatic. The transaction will settle out with your next batch settlement.
- Additional Fee – You can set an additional fee amount that the customer will be charged for using this payment method. The fee can be a fixed amount, or a percentage of the order total amount.
- Pass Items to ePN – This feature allows you to send an itemized order to be displayed on the ePN hosted payment form, or just send the total dollar amount without listing the items.
- Version Number – Allows you to set the version number of the Authorize.Net API that you wish to use.
Other non-configurable features built into the Plugin:
- Email – Automatically sends the customers email address to ePN so they can send a payment confirmation email to the customer.
- Sends Addresses – All bill to and ship to address lines are sent to the ePN hosted Payment form to prepopulate the form, so the customer does not have to fill it out manually. You can control which fields on the prepopulated form the customer can edit through the Merchant Interface at Authorize.Net.
- Tax – Sends the taxable status of each item and the total tax amount to ePN.
- Relay Response – Uses the Relay Response method of receiving the payment confirmation data back from ePN to nopCommerce to update the order status.
- Unsucccesful Payment – gives an informative message telling them that the payment submission was cancelled or declined, and directs them to try submitting the payment again.
Features not supported by the Admin Panel of the Plugin:
- Automated Recurring Billing Supported manually through the ePN Merchant Interface.
- Voids - Supported manually through the ePN Merchant Interface.
- Refunds / Partial Refunds – Supported manually through theePN Merchant Interface.
1.0 - Initial release
1.1 - Update for nop v3.5
1.2 - Update for nop v3.6
1.3 - Update for nop v3.7
1.4 - Update for nop v3.8